Tatura & Shepparton Racing Club
P. 1300 139 402
F. 03 5824 2235
- Club Events
- Club Information
- Getting There
- Contact Details
- Instagram Photos
Thoroughbred racing has had a presence in the Goulburn Valley since the 1870s, with tracks and facilities being housed at various times in Tatura, Shepparton and Mooroopna. The Tatura & Shepparton Racing Club is proud to continue to be home to premier Thoroughbred racing in the Goulburn Valley, supporting the local sporting, cultural and tourism industries as well as providing significant positive economic and social impact.
An operational training facility, the Club maintains a full turf track, a sand track and swimming facilities and is currently a training base to 20 trainers. Buildings within the racecourses are also available for hire and include horse stalls, large undercover areas and rooms with catering facilities.
Travel & Accommodation
157-161 Ross Street, Tatura
DISTANCE FROM MELBOURNE AIRPORT
From Melbourne travel along the M31 Hume Highway and take the A39 Goulburn Valley Highway exit (approx 5km after Puckapunyal-Seymour exit).
After the large Caltex Service Centre at Wehrring, take the Tatura-Murchison exit. At the T intersection at Murchison East, turn left and take the first right over the bridge in the Murchison township.
Follow this road out of Murchison, past the Dhurringile Prison and the Racecourse is located on the right as you enter the 80km zone of Tatura township.
Tatura can also be easily reached from other regional centres via the Midland Highway, by turning south from the Murray Valley Highway or east from the Northern Highway.
V/Line run train services to the Northern districts from Southern Cross station, with reliable connecting coach services from Murchison and Shepparton. Visit the V/Line website for further details.
Located in the City of Greater Shepparton and often known as Water Wheel Country, Tatura is home to Tatura Milk Industries, Snow Brand, a siginficant DPI research station, and the Institute of Sustainable Irrigated Agriculture.
Tatura Park is also host to many of Australia's best western, quarter horse, dressage and showjumping events.
For more information about these and many more attractions in the City of Greater Shepparton, including upcoming events, visit the Discover Shepparton website.
The Tatura Hotel
The Quality Hotel Parklake
The Courtyard Motor Inn
Big 4 Shepparton East Holiday Park
Ain Garth B & B
View Larger Map
TATURA & SHEPPARTON RACING CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Not only does taking out a season membership help support our Club financially, you also get a great range of benefits, including:
- Free entry to all race meetings at Tatura & Shepparton Racing Club, including Tatura Easter Cup Family Day and Spring Carnival Ladies Day
- Free racebook at each race meeting
- Special pricing for GL Maloney Function Lounge and, where available, all-inclusive super marquees
- Reciprocal rights at the Echuca Racing Club (excluding Echuca Cup Day & the two-day Melbourne Cup Carnival)
- Reciprocal rights at the Benalla Racing Club (excluding Benalla Cup Day)
- Reciprocal rights at the Wangaratta Turf Club (excluding Wangaratta Cup Day)
- Reciprocal rights at the Wodonga & District Turf Club (excluding Wodonga Cup Day)
- Free entry to all Shepparton Harness Racing Club meetings
- Free entry to all Shepparton Greyhound Racing Club meetings
- Free entry to the 2014 Great Western Cup on January 24th featuring the famous Boat Regatta
- Access to the member's area on Cranbourne Cup Day & the Cranbourne Tri-Code Meeting (does not include entry)
- Corporate members also receive a strip advertisement in one racebook (two for Large Enterprise members) and two member passes that are transferable between their staff (three for Large Enterprise members)
- Full & Pension Members recieve full voting rights
The Club offers the following types of membership:
|Single Members||$50||Full membership (one member pass)||Single Membership Application Form|
|Double Members||$75||Full membership (two member passes)||Double Membership Application Form|
|Single Pension Members||$30||Pensioner membership (one member pass)||Single Pension Membership Application Form|
|Double Pension Members||$50||Pensioner members (two member passes)||Double Pension Membership Application Form|
|Young Members||$40||18-25 year old members (one member pass)||Young Members Application Form|
|Corporate Members - SME||$80||ABN holders with <40 employees (two member passes)||Corporate Membership Application Form|
|Corporate Members - Large Enterprise||$100||ABN holders with >40 employees (three member passes)||Corporate Membership Application Form|
For more information about our partner Clubs:
Tatura & Shepparton Racing Club
Phone: 1300 139 402
Fax: 03 5824 2235